1994 1500 & 1999 2500 TD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Just an FYI ; no reputable shop would mess with the preloaded screw on the box. Too much liability if they get it wrong. Replacement is the normal recommendation. I would be very worried if they say they can adjust it...

They had said something like there is a mark from the factory.... We will see once i get it back i guess.

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
I won't go back to that a shop again....

Yeah the guy brought it up again when I went to pick uo the truck. I will have to get under it and take a look. I dont plan on ever going to a shop again, and if I do, it wont be there.

sent from my Galaxy S4 Yo!

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah most people here start $10.50-$11. Bur one benefit is bonus every month. Thats an extra $200-$250...

yeah but when I make 12.45 between the 2 jobs its hard to take that big of a cut in pay. I also may go to another quick lube that is talking bout 13hr.

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah the guy brought it up again when I went to pick uo the truck. I will have to get under it and take a look. I dont plan on ever going to a shop again, and if I do, it wont be there.

if you do call me. I'll help ya when I can. If everything plays out right, i'll have a 3 stall garage of my own the begining of the year.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been following this thread for awhile now. I have to agree that if you screw up the preload on the steering box, you can be in a world of hurt. On a different note, do you know what your mpg figures were before and after the tune and turbo master?

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
I have been following this thread for awhile now. I have to agree that if you screw up the preload on the steering box, you can be in a world of hurt. On a different note, do you know what your mpg figures were before and after the tune and turbo master?

I averaged about 18 mpg (highway/city) before. And am now at at 16-17 mpgs. Its mainly because my driving habits change a bit as the truck is a whole new animal. If I still drove it like I used to, I bet It would still be about 18.