1993 Chev c1500 RCLB Sport/Truck 4.3L + NV3500 swapped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
When I get home I'll look at some new shifters. A short throw would be nice!

And yes, lots of progress!!

So it's all in now. I'm calling it a night since I have to drive an hour home. I spent a ton of time cleaning and everything is still dirty. I'm hoping that I can drive it next weekend! The old owner came over today and said "damn you are making quick progress on this thing" and I'm like yes I am! I want my race truck already! If I get nutty enough I'll pick up a 4.3 to build with a nice cam, vortec heads, etc and get one ready to be turboed. All that stuff can come after this thing passes smog.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
When I get home I'll look at some new shifters. A short throw would be nice!

And yes, lots of progress!!

So it's all in now. I'm calling it a night since I have to drive an hour home. I spent a ton of time cleaning and everything is still dirty. I'm hoping that I can drive it next weekend! The old owner came over today and said "damn you are making quick progress on this thing" and I'm like yes I am! I want my race truck already! If I get nutty enough I'll pick up a 4.3 to build with a nice cam, vortec heads, etc and get one ready to be turboed. All that stuff can come after this thing passes smog.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro
Why not just toss a 350 or 4.8 in?

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In Ma. we are emissions exempt after 10 years but can not pass inspection with air bag deleted.

Sorry just noticed yours didn't have an air bag.

gstubbz

Reaction score
I wouldn't be opposed to a bigger engine but I have always wanted a full size Syclone and I could build one with this truck if I keep the V6 and turbo it with an intercooler to be like a syclone.

Although in all honesty a LS engine would probably be cheaper than me trying to turbo this thing. But I guess we will see, I need to get it smogged once it's running then I can start the fun stuff.

Luckily I live in the part of Cali where you smog only once, the rest of the state has to smog every two years. So I barely skate by!

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Seems like alot of work trying to get a tbi fuel system setup for boost on top of getting a tune worked out. It would be cool to see though

gstubbz

Reaction score
I was looking at it a bit, and I need to find out what this is. Looks like it will allow the injectors to open when there is boost pressure and it sandwiches between the TBI and intake. I guess if this was to happen they are discontinued so you could make one out of a throttle body spacer.

Then it looks like for tuning I can get a Haltech ECU for tuning abilities and they plug into the factory computer connector on the truck. Would need 2 bar map sensors also for those additional injectors. This is all new so I've been trying to read up on it all day. http://www.haltech.com/product/sport-gm/

Last edited:

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I was looking at it a bit, and I need to find out what this is. Looks like it will allow the injectors to open when there is boost pressure and it sandwiches between the TBI and intake. I guess if this was to happen they are discontinued so you could make one out of a throttle body spacer.

Then it looks like for tuning I can get a Haltech ECU for tuning abilities and they plug into the factory computer connector on the truck. Would need 2 bar map sensors also for those additional injectors. This is all new so I've been trying to read up on it all day. http://www.haltech.com/product/sport-gm/
Thats a standalone fuel system. Your correct about it being pretty much a tbi spacer, but its got injectors in it. Not sure what will control those though.

gstubbz

Reaction score
I haven't even driven a 4.3 before in my life and I'm already looking at 350s on CL and FB marketplace. I just want it to be fast lol

--

Also I can't work on it Friday night / Saturday morning. Going to see my grandparents in Folsom so hopefully I can resume working on it that evening. I completely spaced that I had to go down there this weekend.

jw_96

96 K1500
Reaction score
I drove a 4.3 nv3500 before. It was a really quick v6 and seemed like a solid dd engine.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk