1993 Chev c1500 RCLB Sport/Truck 4.3L + NV3500 swapped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Well I have to deal with the V6 at least until smog, maybe I'll end up liking it. I did order some new stuff, the driver side mirror glass was broken so I figured I would get new mirrors. They were only $40 but I bought them mainly to see if I like the look or if I want the "you can't see anything" sport mirrors. Personally I like the 95+ mirrors more than the 88-94 mirrors. The other two were just stickers for the hell of it and to make my truck not super bare looking.

You must be registered for see images attach

And I'm having a hard time deciding what color I will want to go with in the future. I would like a Safety Orange / Black or a Bright Red / Black combo. I like the look of both and I especially like the wheels on the red truck. I need opinions! @FastOrange truck was pretty slick. Your truck is inspiration lol

I never thought I would be so into a race truck. When I had my 98 z71 I thought a lowered truck was stupid but I don't think like that anymore lol

Last edited:

gstubbz

Reaction score
Saw this on Instagram this morning. Gives me a little hope for my longbed race truck. I'm sure if I keep it long enough it'll get a short bed. I just want mine to be streetish legal.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

gstubbz

Reaction score
Some stuff came in today. Going out to the truck later tonight for a bit.

I am playing a gamble on the u joints, one is a 447 and the other is a smaller one. My dumbass didn't grab the old ones on Sunday and I ended up not going to Reno that day because it was 3:30 and all the stores closed at 4pm.

Slave cylinder is from a 89 k2500 SM465 truck in the napa computer and it has the proper threads and bleeder as the one I have now which was $18 vs the $40 for the one at the Reno napa that uses pins to hold the hard line in.

Mirrors feel okay, came in different packaging even though I ordered them as a set. As long as they don't vibrate I'll be happy!

gstubbz

Reaction score
An update!

U joints were wrong again (go figure) and when Tyler was bleeding the slave cylinder the rod broke which I did the same with my 89. Going to Reno yet again tomorrow to get a master cylinder for a sm465 since they are different from the half ton stuff and I have a spare rod for one.

Now we really need to get this truck moving tomorrow. Tyler's 4runner lost the fan because the water pump shaft snapped and jacked up all kinds of stuff. Destroyed air box, harmonic pulley is bent, hole in the battery, holes in the hood, all kinds of stuff! But he has no other vehicle to drive for work so we are getting this Chevy going so he has something to drive while we figure out the game plan for his car.

Got home from my grandparents house today at 10pm then I grabbed a car trailer to rescue Tyler's 4runner in Reno at midnight in a RCWilleys parking lot right off of 580. Side note - dodge did extremely well pulling it, maintained 70mph up P Vine hill in Stead, his 4runner could do a max of 40mph up that hill so it went faster by being hauled on a trailer!

Waking up early tomorrow, we have a lot to do!!

gstubbz

Reaction score
No kidding. Bought another $86 in stuff at Napa. Coolant, thermostat, shop towels, master cylinder, and FINALLY a proper sized u joint. Proper cap sizes and everything. It's a UJ448 at Napa.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
No kidding. Bought another $86 in stuff at Napa. Coolant, thermostat, shop towels, master cylinder, and FINALLY a proper sized u joint. Proper cap sizes and everything. It's a UJ448 at Napa.

Is she on the road then?