1993 Chev c1500 RCLB Sport/Truck 4.3L + NV3500 swapped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
This is just extra. But I was walking towards the house to grab an Arizona (my sober drink) and saw this thing. Might call it a night here in a few. I have to get a slip yoke tomorrow since that's about as unicorn as 10x7.25 wheels.

You must be registered for see images attach

Then I was looking at my grille and saw this big furry dude.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

gstubbz

Reaction score
Another little update, it's about 3am. Tyler showed up and we removed the torque converter and cleaned up the panel we cut out for easier access to the bell housing bolts among a few other things that I can't remember. Calling it a night now!

Tomorrow's plan is to make a quick trip to Reno so I can buy a slip yoke and an inspection cover then return back so we can install the transmission. I'm thinking while I'm at it I'll buy a 4.3/5spd ecm just in case mine has a fit. The only thing I don't know is if these ecms also have the vin burned into them and if that's the case I might have some trouble with smog. But we will see, it's all part of the adventure!

gstubbz

Reaction score
I'm getting nutty with this truck. Saw clean grey buckets, clean GMC grille, factory fog light switch for the 88-94 dash, and a race steering wheel. Also got my slip yoke but no inspection cover. Bought a PCM from a 88 4.3/5spd so hopefully it'll work.

Last edited:

gstubbz

Reaction score
Spent $221.11 at pick n pull. Went to Napa and spent $120. But I saw these pins and had to do it because future race truck.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's starting to sound like your gunna end up keeping the truck. As for ecm I dnt think they have anything to do with the vin or smog so you should be fine but i could be wrong. Good score at the yard

gstubbz

Reaction score

I agree! This truck will be super cool in the near future. The switch was really cool. And I was so happy to see that slip yoke from a turbo 400 suburban fit on my transmission!!

gstubbz

Reaction score
Soooo I don't have the correct u joint. I need the conversion joint for the slip yoke to the driveshaft, and the other u joint I have is way too big for the axle side. So tomorrow I'm making yet another trip to Reno, hopefully they have one!

Tyler did a stellar job cleaning up the driveshaft and painting the end of the slip yoke black. He also painted the lower part of the shifter. The driveshaft looks like brand new!

Taking a break right now to eat, but I am working on installing the clutch and flywheel right now, going to get this transmission in shortly. I also replaced the oil and filter, as well as the fuel filter. I went crazy with my new shopvac and cleaned out the engine bay and the interior. I think there is a good chance we will have this thing in, and possibly get the engine running. I think the grille swap and seat swap will be a job for tomorrow after the u joint task.

More updates to come!

Last edited:

gstubbz

Reaction score
Well I always change plans lol. But we are now calling it a night, installed the flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate. The slave cylinder I bought at Napa is the wrong one. The hose is held in by roller pins. All I needed was a new Bleeder for the one I bought from the junkyard but whatever I'll just use vice grips when we go to bleed it. That slave cylinder was $44 so it can get returned tomorrow when I get the u joints.