1993 Chev c1500 RCLB Sport/Truck 4.3L + NV3500 swapped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Changed my mind. It's getting 5 speed swapped.

Driving out to Silver Springs, NV (Two hour drive from Susanville) tomorrow morning to pick up a nv3500 from a c1500. I'm getting the transmission, flywheel, pressure plate, pedal, master and slave cylinder, clutch fork, hard line, etc. Getting everything for $250 so not a bad gig. Transmission has 124k and the seller says it didn't pop out of gear or grind so I'm hopeful.

The one thing I need to check is the length of my driveshaft in the truck. It's a fixed yoke, I have no idea if these nv3500s are slip or a fixed yoke. If I need a driveshaft luckily I'm in luck because the guy has one of those too.

You must be registered for see images attach

gstubbz

Reaction score
Its a slip yoke. Nice find, glad to see a manual swap happening.

Thank you! Maybe I'll write a better guide compared to my 88-94 to 95-98 dash swap. Figured it might be a fun little truck with a 5 speed, I drove a 95 with a 305 and 5 speed and that truck was fun to drive.

Good score man. Not to bad of a drive if it's in good condition. Wait I forgot, have u charged ur ac yet?

I'm hoping so! Found it on Facebook Marketplace of all things and the seller seems cool, he wanted $200 for the tranny but we dealt on $250 for everything I needed (or at least most of it).

And yeah! I spent $107 to have it recharged within two weeks of driving it again, I could not stand the heat lol. Installed new headlights on it as well that I really should adjust.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Yea ive had my share of mansmissions. Im currently waiting for a nv4500 to come across craigslist or one of the local junkyards so i can swap my truck.

gstubbz

Reaction score
Transmission is pulled already but I need to pull all the pedals and everything else I need. I plan to stop by the Sparks pick n pull to grab whatever else and a new bench seat (preferably a 96+ seat with the fold down armrest/center console).

Then I'll go by Napa to buy new fluid for the transmission, coolant, thermostat, oil filter, oil, fuel filter, and spark plugs for this thing.

It'll be an expensive day lol.

I am honestly considering keeping it, putting a nicer grille on it and lift it a little bit then turbo the thing. But I probably should stick with my plans to sell it, or at least keep it until I get the red truck the way I like it. Too many projects on my hands! Tyler does have a paint gun though, and neither of us have painted a car so this will be our first go at it. At least it should look decent when I'm done!

-----

I've been thinking a little more about the turbo, I would need exhaust manifolds and absolutely nobody makes them so I need to learn to be a fabricator to make my own or spend $700 on a set of GMC Typhoon/Syclone manifolds on ebay. Then another $700 for a blow through carb, then more money for the turbo and stuff. Might be better off stuffing in a 350 because you can get turbo kits for those all day long!

Last edited:

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe just run it stock for while an see how it does, give urself some time to decide if you wanna keep it before dropping to much into it. But it's ur truck so your choice. With the turbo maybe see who can bend some pipe for you at cheapest unless you've got a way. Do you guys got somewhere to paint inside

gstubbz

Reaction score

Got the first half! He even pulled everything for me. I need to get a master and a slave cylinder though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: