1993 Chev c1500 RCLB Sport/Truck 4.3L + NV3500 swapped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Picked up some parts from pick n pull, still missing an inspection cover. And spent $208 at Napa on a clutch kit, fuel filter, oil, filters, etc. Also got a nicer shifter from a 1998 ECSB Z71 with a 350. I was shocked to see that truck in there!

Pulled off the lumber rack, looks a million times better. Going to push it in the shop here in a few to start pulling things off. Certainly drinking tonight, I'd write up a more detailed post but I'm on my phone so I'll do that later lol.

Maybe you'll see some updates tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gstubbz

Reaction score

Another little update. Used Tylers K10 to push it in behind the blue 95 (needs head gaskets so that's the other project) and fit this in behind that.

We have to go to this fair thing and when we get back we are getting ********* and removing the transmission. Stay tuned for drunk updates lol

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't get to drunk and pull out the wrong parts ha. Pretty clean blue 95, from what I can see. What years is your buddy's k10

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry but I need to comment about drinking and working in the shop. That's how people get hurt especially working under the truck. Take it from someone that has been there and done that save the drinking till the tools are put away.

gstubbz

Reaction score
I ended up not drinking that much. All we got done was remove the aluminum driveshaft, linkage to column, and remove the inspection cover. It's dirty!

Going to work on it again in the morning. It's 2am and we are beat.

gstubbz

Reaction score

More progress! Cut the brake pedal down and cut a hole in the floor. Working on taking the transmission out now.

****** thing, the slip yoke from my 4l60e doesn't fit the 5LM60 (it's not a true nv3500 I found out).

gstubbz

Reaction score

Installed the pedal. What a *****. Removing the fuse block made it a little bit easier! Still have to drill holes for the top of the pedal assembly since I don't have the piece you are supposed to install. Transmission is still in the truck and haven't pulled it.

And I agree! It sucks. But depending on how late we work on it maybe I'll have some time to run over to pick n pull to pull a slip yoke and an inspection cover.

gstubbz

Reaction score
Here is how I did the clutch pedal without the bracket. Drilled two holes barely in front of the pedal, and then took the black piece off that the windshield wipers go through and dropped bolts through the top. Works pretty well!