1992 Factory CD Player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lance 1992

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever come across a factory 1992 CD player? I saw it in the 1992 Truck Order Guide/Automotive Electronics section. See picture here. I'm refering to the in dash unit at the bottom right of the picture, but also note the six disc unit.

You must be registered for see images attach

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I'll be.... can't says I have. Didn't even know they were available. First factory CD players I saw were in the 95+ after the interior redo.
Interesting....bet those would be worth a mint to the right person.....I am NOT that person!! Lol

Thanks for sharing that

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
The face plate of that CD player is recessed at the borders, looks like it is designed to fit where the tape deck goes. That being said, I'd rather listen to tapes. All of the early CD players I've had the misfortune to experience always skipped. Better than both of those is an auxiliary 3.5mm input that'll let you connect anything you want. Only time I use CD's is when adding material to my library.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone ever come across a factory 1992 CD player? I saw it in the 1992 Truck Order Guide/Automotive Electronics section. See picture here. I'm refering to the in dash unit at the bottom right of the picture, but also note the six disc unit.

You must be registered for see images attach
Pretty cool options! I've seen a lot of these trucks and have never seen this setup in any of them.

Closest I've had in "old school" changers was when I bought my '92 in.. '99? It had a Sony 6 disc changer under the driver's seat. It was old and full of dog hair, but once cleaned up, it worked pretty well for a few years. Then it suddenly started breaking discs! Impressive, but annoying.

Richard

Lance 1992

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regarding the quality of those CD players and skipping as mentioned by @DerekTheGreat, I had a 1992 Cadillac Brougham d'Elegance with a factory CD player, also very rare, and it worked flawlessly. I assume it was the same Delco guts that was used across GM, but maybe not. Skipping was usually caused by cheaping out on the size of the buffer which may have happened when comparing Cadillac $ to Chevrolet $.