1990 454SS, Real or Fake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Stepping out the door to do some running around. Hmmm. The P&P has a sale on right now. Might just have to stop in for a look. Hard to argue with $20.00 per bucket!

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
He gave me the VIN, matches a 1990 454SS, but he didnt respond at all to my question of the truck having all the wrong parts... how do i know this is the VIN for this truck?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
If you're interested then go look at it. Sure it's 8 hours away, but how bad do you want it? You'll have to go sooner or later if you want to buy it.

If the Vin is wrong walk away right then and there. No explanation needed.

If it's right look at the truck yourself.

If it's been in an accident walk away.

If the parts don't match by build date walk away.

If he won't deal to where you want then walk away.

Pretty simple really....:)

If you're not serious enough to go look at it then stop bothering the man. I know when I list stuff on Kijjiji I just filter out the stupid and endless questions. A serious buyer will ask a couple questions in an email and then want to come see it. Not ask more questions. If you don't like the answers or he's avoiding your questions, you're probably best not to deal with him anyways. He gave you the VIN, probably not gonna get much more out of him since it starts to get into "tire kicker" territory after that (whether you are or not, it's the impression a seller gets)

I've never understood the "attraction" of the 454SS trucks anyways. It's just a C1500 with black paint and a big block that's so choked down it has to watch out that a half turned up small block doesn't eat it's lunch.

You'd be better off buying a short bed C1500 at a reasonable price then dropping a built 454 and a decent rear end into it....except you couldn't say "it's a factory SS".

Like that matters a hill of beans....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
If you're interested then go look at it.

If the Vin is wrong walk away right then and there. No explanation needed.

If it's right look at the truck yourself.

If it's been in an accident walk away.

If the parts don't match by build date walk away.

If he won't deal to where you want then walk away.

Pretty simple really....:)
pretty simple, yet the truck is 9 hours away... that's my problem