1990 454SS, Real or Fake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
the valve covers are right... Canada did have the dumbo mirrors most of the 454's around here are all dumbos... But one thing, even the grille looks like their chrome on it. So either it was wrecked, or someone liked chrome so he swapped it then realized how stupid it looked so he painted the grille/bumper.. lol

i thought 1990 has the plain black valve covers and 1991-1993 had these ones? i could be wrong though.

1990:
You must be registered for see images

1991+:
You must be registered for see images attach

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Just took another look, the grill was forsure chrome, and it appears the mirrors are painted over chrome as well... the 454SS's would have had the factory black ones.

The interior does have a factory fog light switch!

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
just ask for the vin so you cam verify it's an SS. If he's legit, he'll give it to ya....

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Didn't the 454ss have different gauges too, looks like moonies in this one.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Total fake. Maybe he doesn't even know it though.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
sent him an email asking for picture of rear diff and asked what speed trans it has, he didnt respond to either and told me to phone him and he has the VIN to confirm its a 454SS? but how do i know its the VIN on the truck, the more i look, the more i can see stuff wrong.

plus he is asking super top dollar for a truck that is all wrong.