1990 350 engine mod questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OBSz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm hoping it surprises me over what little has been done to it now... The main thing I want to do is the vortec heads...
yea ive been debating alot. either keeping this motor and building it or ls swap.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
yea ive been debating alot. either keeping this motor and building it or ls swap.

Ls swap if you have the means. I would, but I like simplicity. I don't like needing a computer to fix my vehicles... I keep tossing up the idea, but I doubt it will ever happen.

OBSz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ls swap if you have the means. I would, but I like simplicity. I don't like needing a computer to fix my vehicles... I keep tossing up the idea, but I doubt it will ever happen.

well come down to texas and help me work on my truck hahah

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
i used to have a 2000
its was a beast but i like my ecsb alot. it my favorite body style.

Obs Chevys are like the newest trucks I really like. NBS trucks are okay, but they just don't quite tickle my fancy...

OBSz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Obs Chevys are like the newest trucks I really like. NBS trucks are okay, but they just don't quite tickle my fancy...
hahah nbs looks nice but these obs are the best! i just need to work on my motor and make it faster and make it have more balls.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
in the end what was the total amount you spent haha that motor you got sounds bad ass

not that much did all the port work myself, roller rockers and heads were a fresh rebuild from a friends camaro as was the intake, the pistons are wisecos im a supplier at work, had the whole block polished and chamfered which i did myself. ported the tb myself, upgraded the fuel pressure, added a tpi pump for 20 bucks from a friends camaro. exhaust was on the truck, redid the rings, gaskets, timing set etc, cam was a summit special with lifters for 100 bucks. msd stuff i did with my tuneup when i first got it and transferred it over. alltogether not really that much a few hundred, now my tbi 383 i spent about 2600 and that was worth it mostly for the learning experience and breaking my truck in half, but i wouldve gone ls.