1990 350 engine mod questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
thanks for the tips that really helped out.

No problem man, I have been researching till my brain is numb. I want to get everything right the 1st go around. And my cam is the 3702, or has the same specs. It is great. Lots of low end while still keeping a constant 15mpgs.

OBSz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No problem man, I have been researching till my brain is numb. I want to get everything right the 1st go around. And my cam is the 3702, or has the same specs. It is great. Lots of low end while still keeping a constant 15mpgs.

thats not bad, decent power gains?

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
thats not bad, decent power gains?

I bought it with the work already done.
The only thing I have to compare it to is a 90 k1500 rclb 350/auto 3:73...

It's my neighbors truck. I use it all of the time working for him. Mine is 350/.030 over, stick with 3:73, but mine would honestly rip his truck in half and drag it to kingdom come... They are different trucks, so that can't be a true comparison, but mine has a ton more power.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
if you dont go with harris's chips contact eagle mark on gearhead efi hell set you up real nice then id start datalogging to maximaize everything. i have a 440 straight chip in mine, exhaust, ported and polished and gasket matched tbi head with bigger valves, gasket matched intake, 350 tbi with bumped fuel pressure, msd spark controller, headers, pistons with dual valve reliefs, etc etc etc etc. still pull around 13 mpg's with 3.73 gears and 33's

OBSz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought it with the work already done.
The only thing I have to compare it to is a 90 k1500 rclb 350/auto 3:73...

It's my neighbors truck. I use it all of the time working for him. Mine is 350/.030 over, stick with 3:73, but mine would honestly rip his truck in half and drag it to kingdom come... They are different trucks, so that can't be a true comparison, but mine has a ton more power.

that makes your truck sound beast hahaha

OBSz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you dont go with harris's chips contact eagle mark on gearhead efi hell set you up real nice then id start datalogging to maximaize everything. i have a 440 straight chip in mine, exhaust, ported and polished and gasket matched tbi head with bigger valves, gasket matched intake, 350 tbi with bumped fuel pressure, msd spark controller, headers, pistons with dual valve reliefs, etc etc etc etc. still pull around 13 mpg's with 3.73 gears and 33's
in the end what was the total amount you spent haha that motor you got sounds bad ass

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
that makes your truck sound beast hahaha

It will be a beast one day...

Worked vortec heads
Bigger cam
4bbl intake with adapter (for now)
Long tubes
Crossover with high flow cats
Strait through mufflers
Nv4500
14 bolt semi float w/posi
Custom chip

When it's out of dd status, probably a built carbed 454 :burnout:

OBSz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It will be a beast one day...

Worked vortec heads
Bigger cam
4bbl intake with adapter (for now)
Long tubes
Crossover with high flow cats
Strait through mufflers
Nv4500
14 bolt semi float w/posi
Custom chip

When it's out of dd status, probably a built carbed 454 :burnout:

Very nice ahahha all i have is no cats no muffler and straight pipe. oh and a corvette servo. thats it

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
Very nice ahahha all i have is no cats no muffler and straight pipe. oh and a corvette servo. thats it

I'm hoping it surprises me over what little has been done to it now... The main thing I want to do is the vortec heads...