155"wb K1500 in Ontario

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCREECH

Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcomes. I do indeed plan on sticking around. I don't have time to be on many forums, and even once in a while you might find that I'm absent for a week or two, but I pop back up. :) I'll start a build thread on the truck shortly.

To address the 5/6 bolt questions: the truck is indeed already equipped with 6-bolt axles and front bearings, as all 4wd 1/2 tons were). The front bearings are a sealed bolt on unit with a rotor that slides on over the studs, much like what you'd see in a fwd application, while the 2wd trucks have the studs pressed into the rotor which also contains the bearing raceway for the ball/cage style bearing which can be serviced and repacked. So if you've got a 1/2 ton 4x4, you've got 6-bolt wheels. While most 3/4 tons and all 1 tons have 8-lug wheels, the "light duty" 3/4 tons had 6-bolt wheels. So that's what the 14-bolt axle is from. And specifically, Silverado_06, I bought the axle from a guy just off Centennial at the top of the mountain in Hamilton. Got it for $350 with all new brake hardware, but it needs the front seal fixed.

Anywho, I'm at work, so that's all I have time for fer now. I'll be back! :)

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
damn. let me know if you stumble across one in that area again will yah. i'm from the london area, and could use a 14 bolt