155"wb K1500 in Ontario

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCREECH

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

Well, seeing as it's 2am and I have to be at work for 8, I'll keep this short, or at least as short as possible.

I'm a GM guy through and through, and I have been for pretty much all of my automotive life. Although I haven't really been a "truck guy" until last year when I got one of my own. I've had a car trailer since 2003 but always just borrowed my dad's or brother's trucks to pull it. I know, kinda wierd, eh?

You must be registered for see images

So I picked up this '91 K1500 extended cab, 8' box (155.5" wheelbase) in Aug '09. I got it for less than $1K. As purchased it had the 305tbi (yes, that's right, a 5.0L in this thing!), 3.42 axles, no G80, 10-bolt rear, instantaneously responding 4x4. I've picked up a 3/4 ton 14-bolt semi-floating 6-lug axle with the G80 diff that needs to go in yet. I'll rebuild the whole rear suspension, including new spring packs, when the rear end swap happens. Also, as I type, I have a 350tbi on the engine stand in the garage that just came out of an '89 C1500 two days ago. I had started finding coolant in the oil of the 305, and this deal on the 350 truck just kinda came up, so... I'll be putting headers on the 350 once it's installed. This swap is more for function than performance - I need my truck back in action. If an LS swap were ever to happen, THAT'D be for performance. ;)

Eventually I would LOVE to have an LS engine in it, but I don't know how the rest of the drivetrain would like that. I guess the 2500 rear end would be ok with it. :) I also intend to install a digital cluster from a Bravada into the truck (the clusters' housings are physically the same as far as I've seen so far). I am also looking at replacing the mirrors with power mirrors, either later "stock" style that someone else already installed on the truck in manual form, or larger, extendable towing mirrors. And I would absolutely love to have the truck ride on the 20" wheels that late model Suburbans, Tahoes and Avalanches wear. Anybody got a pic of a GMT400 with these wheels, by chance?? :)

The only real "mod" I've done so far is to swap the wheel with one from a '90 Eurosport wagon:

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of ECLB's but you have yourself a pretty good plan of attack on that thing. So welcome to the forum, and hope you stick around and show us all that you do to that truck!

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
welcome fellow '91 owner. Man that thing must of been a pig with that 305 and those gears. I don't believe those rims will work on your turck due to them having a different bolt pattern.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
he's switching to a 6-bolt rear, and most likely 6 bolt rotors up front...

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that should allready have 6 bolt wheels? i have those same wheels on my tahoe the ones currently on his truck. all 4wds were 6 lug i thought too?