14 Bolt Swap How to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
Awesome job! This write up was just what I needed! Now I might be able to talk the fiance into letting me do it when she see's it doesn't cost much! LOL

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Awesome job! This write up was just what I needed! Now I might be able to talk the fiance into letting me do it when she see's it doesn't cost much! LOL

haha glad to help man hopefully she lets ya

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
how does she stop with all that brake in the rear? i had to get a brake proportioning valve when i did mine because the locked up when ever i hit the brake. looks good!

May need to get a proportioning valve from a donor truck with a 14, yes. Seems like not everybody has this problem, but many do. The other option is swap over brakes from the 10-bolt onto the 14, I believe everything bolts up IIRC. However the bigger brakes are a huge advantage to the 14. Great for getting heavy loads stopped.

Rep to the OP for a good writeup.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
May need to get a proportioning valve from a donor truck with a 14, yes. Seems like not everybody has this problem, but many do. The other option is swap over brakes from the 10-bolt onto the 14, I believe everything bolts up IIRC. However the bigger brakes are a huge advantage to the 14. Great for getting heavy loads stopped.

Rep to the OP for a good writeup.

Yah ill figure it out eventually and thanks for the rep man

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question but what is a 3/4 ton yoke strap?