14 bolt SF disc brake build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have started building a 14 bolt i picked up a couple weeks ago. i have took off the junk drums and before i start buying my other parts, i would like to know if anyone ever made or knows where to get the spacers for the NBS brake setup.

also, the axle will be getting 4.56 gears and an ARB Air locker. with the truck receiving an on-board air setup in the future.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I have not heard of a kit using NBS brakes. The kit I saw said to use OOBS front rotors and caliper to complete the swap. The only thing holding me back from this is figuring out how to keep my parking brake. Have you figured that part out yet?

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, i read the sticky, but no one ever posted where to get the spacers for the axle or who could make them. cause i was wanting to be able to get most of the other parts from a NBS truck that burned a couple months back at my local body shop. no insurance so its gonna sit till it gets scrapped. thanks for the other link too. very informative, just not what i'm looking to do.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah, i read the sticky, but no one ever posted where to get the spacers for the axle or who could make them. cause i was wanting to be able to get most of the other parts from a NBS truck that burned a couple months back at my local body shop. no insurance so its gonna sit till it gets scrapped. thanks for the other link too. very informative, just not what i'm looking to do.

I understand. I too want to do this to a 14bolt someday but while there is lots of information out there it seems like there isn't quite enough information to know exactly what to do. It seems like there are several different ways and yet it's still kinda a "blaze your own trail" thing because there aren't quite enough details out there.

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, i'm with you, but i was ready for my gear swap and figured i'd put it all together at once. i'm just glad that my old axle is still functioning at the moment, that kinda helps with the time to get it together, just hoping to have it before snow starts falling, cause i'm tired of my open differential in the snow.

chevyboy98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
you will need a differant ujont, im doing the swap right naw,

ujoint # 447- steel drive shaft
ujoint # 448- aluminum drive shaft

thats the only issue i had doing the swap the rest is direct bolt in

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok, so been a while since i updated, so here is the current progress

gears are here - 4.56
locker is here - ARB air locker
install kit for differential
U-Joint is here
axle tore down for the most part - sorry no pics
u bolt flip being ordered tomorrow
no disc stuff yet cause i can't figure out the diameter on the spacer i need to bolt on the NBS backing plate

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 14SF sitting around waiting to go in as well. I definitely need to keep the ebrake though after my 5spd swap.