14 bolt SF disc brake build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bx8lugger

Reaction score
There is a site I found not too long ago for the disc conversion. Its www.blackbirdscustomtrucks.com , they sell full and partial kits for a rear diac conversion. Hopefully I will be gerting one for my 14 bolt ff once the wheather gets warmer. Hope this helps.

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I put this off a while, but started having issues with the brakes on my truck, so I started tearing in hard and heavy about a month ago.

I bought an entire NBS axle and stripped everything off it that I needed, including taking multiple measurements to verify placement of my brake flanges that i believe i bought from ORD, but i could be wrong. I had a guy that is a much more competent welder than me,(i can't weld, or at least never have to this point), weld them in place after he made duplicates for a much better fit on the axle tube and tapped them for the factory NBS bolts.

I replaced and greased all the brake components and now just have to disassemble it and paint the axle and get it geared, pics to be posted later today, assuming that I remember it when I get home

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I promised pictures, so hopefully tapatalk will cooperate.

Here is the measurement I come up with from measuring the other axle and some minor changes between axles and flanges, that is 2 1/4 inches from mounting surface to mounting surface
You must be registered for see images attach

Note they are turned 45° from each other, so they are oriented just like the NBS axle

Then it was a matter of greasing all the new parts and cleaning the old ones and putting it all together.

And now the semi-final product, now that I know it all fits, I'm going to tear it back down and clean up and coat the axle. Then it's off for a re gear and locker

I will say that everything went together without issue, but I did clean up around the axle hub so the rotor would slide on a bit easier.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk