14-18 Rear Bumper Swap (No Welding)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stephen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
another question. What did the OP do about the opening for the spare tire hoist shaft not lining with the shaft? The rod that goes into the hoist rod has to be straight or the rod will round off. I am going to try a hex 5/8 hex impact socket and 1/2 inch "wobble" adapter.

Attachments

• IMG_5383.JPG
    IMG_5383.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

dad28529

Reaction score
Has anyone done this on a short bed stepside? I am building a 94 4x4 with my 13 year old son and this is something I was looking at doing but really wanted to see what it looked like before spending that money.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone done this on a short bed stepside? I am building a 94 4x4 with my 13 year old son and this is something I was looking at doing but really wanted to see what it looked like before spending that money.
Go measure one of these bumpers - at the cuts in the top where it meets the bed corners - from a stepside donor truck to be sure it's going to fit the bed. The cuts in the top of the bumper that fit around the bed corners are deeper than on a fleetside, so a fleetside bumper won't fit regardless.

Richard

stratton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not mine . And I do not remember where the pic came from . It could have came from this group or another one .
You must be registered for see images attach

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not mine . And I do not remember where the pic came from . It could have came from this group or another one .
You must be registered for see images attach
Geezus. No.. just no.. why do i have the feeling that this truck is carolina squattin too !!