12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he should have already turned off VATs and the other stuff if it was needed for the 411 to run. you can PM him if you have questions on what he did in the tune, but its pretty standard.

Lextech

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those instructions are for people who are doing their own tuning or having someone other than me set up the tune. Your tune is set up for your truck. Just follow the instructions.

Jeff

tanner.smith

Reaction score
Where can i get a 0411 PCM for my 1996 chevy k1500. I am looking for a little more power out of it thanks!

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
im probably going to be taking a trip to the yard for some spare parts, ill keep an eye out for you.
on a side note, hadd anyone had issures with their e fans? one of my fans constantly blow the fuse for it and im blaming the cheap ebay fan on that, and the other was having corrosion issues on the relay. at once they both went out and in lousiana in the summer thats a really bad thing, i pretty much had to stay moving the whole time the engine was running

97vortec

Reaction score
This sounds like a great swap! I had a few questions tho... Does the trucks original black box need to be tuned to disable VATS or is that on the 0411? Also I would like to try tuning myself with hptuners. If I totally fail at that could I still send the 0411 to black bear for a tune or wud I be stuck with what I got? Or even better wud there be someone I could get a starter tune that I could Put on myself and then tweak from there?? sorry for the dumb questions...

Lextech

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the trucks original black box need to be tuned to disable VATS or is that on the 0411? Also, I would like to try tuning myself with hptuners. If I totally fail at that could I still send the 0411 to black bear for a tune or wud I be stuck with what I got? Or even better wud there be someone I could get a starter tune that I could Put on myself and then tweak from there?

Only the 98 and up trucks have VATS. VATS would need to be deleted in the 0411 PCM if it is installed into a 96/97 truck. I delete VATS on all of them. Unless you "Lock" your tune---Any tuner could reflash it.

Jeff