12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lextech

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 97 with 5.7 vortec and I am planning on either rebuilding or replacing with an LS. I read in this thread that it will be a simpler swap if the 411 is already installed which sounds great. If I build the current motor and bore it over, cam and headers. Will the 411 upgrade support these changes with no issues?

The 0411 PCM would need to be tuned to properly run your warmed up 5.7 and would have to be retuned for the LS engine. You can repin your harness to install the 0411 PCM into your 97. Then, when you install the LS engine you would rework your 97 harness and add 10 wires to it to run that engine.

Jeff

Mrmramerican

Reaction score
Sent a PM for for some info, gota 5.7/4l80, everywhere I read about these swaps, and I haven't seen anyone do one with plans for a manual trans, any reason it cant be tuned for one?

Lextech

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OFF TOPIC----I don't know what is wrong with the e-mail thread notifications on this site. I just got an e-mail for post #102 of this thread which was on 1-17-14. Today is 2-9-14. That thread reply took 23 days to get to me.

Also, this morning I have two e-mail notification of PMs on this site. BUT, When I click on the link or just come to the site and go to my private messages those two PMs are not there. How can you get PM e-mails of messages that don't seem to exist??????

Jeff

Last edited:

blazin8556

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same happened to me. I got the notification last week but already saw what it was notifying me of

My phone and iPad notify me pretty quick most of the time with tapatalk maybe if monitors a bit different than the forum

Sent while under my truck...breaking stuff more

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The email notifications on here are really bad I don't get pm notices for 1-2 months after the pm has been sent to me. I think shaggy is aware of the issue.

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Add two more trucks to the swapped list. I got my 0411 installed on Saturday, I can't wait till Monday when it gets tuned. My buddy did his 99 on Sunday and had been driving without any problems.

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mounted mine with a modified bracket from a S-10.

You must be registered for see images attach

3rd Coast Z

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, the swap was a piece of cake thanks to the spreadsheet. Took a couple minutes for the Burban and computer to fall in love but all is good now. Throttle response improved right off the bat and the trans shifts very solid now. Gonna throw a few bolt ons at it and then take it to get fine tuned.
Thanks again Lextech.