12 gauge amp wire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I'll bite, exactly why? Because it is cheap, it isn't any good?

Imo yes i dont like suggesting people cheap out on stuff that could birn thoer truck to the ground if they choose to do so on thier own thats thoer choice but i at least suggest against it

sent from my outdated S3

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Imo yes i dont like suggesting people cheap out on stuff that could birn thoer truck to the ground if they choose to do so on thier own thats thoer choice but i at least suggest against it

sent from my outdated S3

That's why the fuse was invented. Look, something isn't necessarily better because it costs more. Choose your components wisely and install them properly. One thing about the kits is that they do contain the fuses and some instructions. The OP was going to use some solid strand wire and gang it together. A kit may be a good choice for him.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Ok man id rather npt blow fises but its not worth arguing over have a good day

sent from my outdated S3

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score

sent from my outdated S3

You are still going to have to explain how this is going to burn my truck to the ground. I just used 2 such kits to install an amp and a powered subwoofer. I have both power feeds fused within a foot from the battery. The wire is run carefully along the inner fender and firewall and tie strapped safely out of the way. The hole where it runs thru the firewall has a grommet. It is carefully run thru the cab and all connections are soldered and shrink wrapped. Where does the burning to the ground come in from using a cheap kit?

I'm an old guy and need to learn from you young guys that know this stuff.

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cheaper wire can have defects in the insulation. That being said so can expensive wire. Wire is wire. Monster brand or whatever is the same as whatever China brand. As long as it's the correct gauge for the current you're putting through it, it's fine.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Cheaper wire can have defects in the insulation. That being said so can expensive wire. Wire is wire. Monster brand or whatever is the same as whatever China brand. As long as it's the correct gauge for the current you're putting through it, it's fine.

Bingo. That was what I was saying to begin with. More expensive does not mean better in all cases.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

sent from my outdated S3

Not understanding how you keep saying itll burn to the ground, i have wire running from battery to fuse then to capacitor, then another power wire from capacitor to fuse to amp, NEVER had a problem. Now I'm fairly certain you're not an audio installation expert so if you are against what we say then by all means disregard our posts instead of trying to be mr awesome know it all, Just saying.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Not understanding how you keep saying itll burn to the ground, i have wire running from battery to fuse then to capacitor, then another power wire from capacitor to fuse to amp, NEVER had a problem. Now I'm fairly certain you're not an audio installation expert so if you are against what we say then by all means disregard our posts instead of trying to be mr awesome know it all, Just saying.

Lol i said it once and now i havent posted in here since everyone was dosagreeing with me trying to avoid controversy now idk where you came from but just drop it i said i didnt wana argue idk why your trying to if you want to pm me thats fine of ill even give you my phone number but thets not clutter the thread. Have a good night

sent from my outdated S3

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol i said it once and now i havent posted in here since everyone was dosagreeing with me trying to avoid controversy now idk where you came from but just drop it i said i didnt wana argue idk why your trying to if you want to pm me thats fine of ill even give you my phone number but thets not clutter the thread. Have a good night

sent from my outdated S3

Not trying to argue just kinda unsure of what you're saying you say cheaping out on wire could burn the truck to the ground yet your telling him to just go get some cheaper higher gauge wire.......just confused