1157 LED Bulbs Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diego0123005

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am wanting to change over to LED bulbs for the front turn signals. I have tried about 4 pairs of LED's but they have not worked. When i install them they only turn on as running lights and they dont flash. I have the EP29 Flasher relay. Are they CK Sockets up front like they are in the tail lights?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No. The only SRCK socket is the middle socket of the tail lights.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What specific brand and model LED's are you using?

Made 100% sure you aren't installing them wrong? The offset lugs on a bayonet bulb generally prevent this, but it's not impossible.

Richard

Diego0123005

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What specific brand and model LED's are you using?

Made 100% sure you aren't installing them wrong? The offset lugs on a bayonet bulb generally prevent this, but it's not impossible.

Richard
Well at first i tried some switchbacks but i made the mistake of getting a knockoff instead of the JDM Astar. I then ordered some amber LED from amazon. I noticed that when i push and twist to lock its when the bulb doesn't work. When i just push it in without locking the bulb is when it works properly but the bulb isnt secured in place.

Brian_d84

Reaction score
The flasher should work aside from a faulty bulb. If it helps I ordered mine from vleds.com a little pricey but quality stuff. So far I’ve swapped every bulb aside from the brake lights. 0 issues and couldn’t be happier.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds to me like cheapie bulbs that weren't made correctly. Kids knocking stuff out in Chinese sweat shops don't necessarily pay attention to clocking offset bayonet bases in the right position. Not at first, anyway. Then the whip gets cracked and maybe the next batch will be closer to functional...

I've bought from V-LEDS (long ago before their Triton product), SuperbrightLEDs, Autolumination/Superlumination, DDM Tuning, several of the cheapo junk from the auto parts store (typically Pilot brand), and even the first guy that made LED wedge base bulbs way back in the day and helped him come up with the CK style wiring so GMT400's wouldn't light them on fire - Hz Engineering. All in all I gotta say you can get lemons from anyone when dealing with automotive LEDs. Try buying from a reputable dealer so your chances are better for good product, and you have some means of exchange if they don't work. Getting them off Amazon, eBay, etc. is more of a crapshoot.

Richard

jaywestfall

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am wanting to change over to LED bulbs for the front turn signals. I have tried about 4 pairs of LED's but they have not worked. When i install them they only turn on as running lights and they dont flash. I have the EP29 Flasher relay. Are they CK Sockets up front like they are in the tail lights?

Hey, I have a 1998 Chevy C1500 and changed out the 194s on my truck to LED. The relay replacement I purchased locally is CEC brand EF29L, which runs both types of bulbs. Their web site is www.ceclighting.com