10 to 14 bolt SF swap - Quick Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
A) Lesson learned, thought "big nasty" could handle it. Cut off wheel will be ordered.

B) Thanks. I believe it starved itself for oil and the pinion bearings seized up. What a shame. Oh well, I'll be keeping my eyes open. People said I'd never find the unicorn '90.5 needle cluster and I've found three in the past two years...

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're probably already aware, but www.car-part.com is a great resource for this kind of stuff. They don't list the six or eight lug axles specifically, but you can sort by 4x4 semi-floaters only and make some phone calls.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, that's where I got my engine!
Guess I could definitely do that, didn't occur to me honestly. I like "treasure hunting" at yards though. I'll browse at lunch today, thanks df!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're welcome! I scored my 4L80E through them, too. I might end up grabbing a six lug 14 bolt SF for myself at some point, the 454SS five lug version is proving to be very difficult to find. I know Moser and a few other places offer plugging and re-drilling shafts for different bolt patterns.

DeucesAllin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're probably already aware, but www.car-part.com is a great resource for this kind of stuff. They don't list the six or eight lug axles specifically, but you can sort by 4x4 semi-floaters only and make some phone calls.
They list them specifically now... just be carefull about buying non-local.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They list them specifically now... just be carefull about buying non-local.

They do for the 2WDs but not for the 4X4s, unless I'm just putting in the wrong criteria. I looked up parts for a '97 2500.

DeucesAllin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're welcome! I scored my 4L80E through them, too. I might end up grabbing a six lug 14 bolt SF for myself at some point, the 454SS five lug version is proving to be very difficult to find. I know Moser and a few other places offer plugging and re-drilling shafts for different bolt patterns.
I gave up on the 14 bolt 5 lug.

I have done 6 lug 4wd axle+adapters for 5 or 8lug wheels for a great fit and look... also have had wide 8 lug rear wheels made.

I personally loved having 8 lug nuts on the back of a 9 second OBS.

DeucesAllin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
They do for the 2WDs but not for the 4X4s, unless I'm just putting in the wrong criteria. I looked up parts for a '97 2500.
That would be a deal breaker...
works for me. Try updating the app?
You must be registered for see images attach

DeucesAllin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your right...have to look at the diff size listed..then call anyway cuz them ******* are idiots. lol