1 ton into half ton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
You would be better off to swap your cab onto the 3500 frame, unfortunately it would still be a half ton by the VIN.

VIN tonage doesn't really matter. When I registered my K2500 They would have given me class A plates if I asked for them, and it was (barely) a class C capacity. You can register it for whatever capacity you want to be able to legally haul.

gunz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It matters if you get caught by the DOT with more than half ton load.. Even with 1 ton suspension, its only legal to carry a half ton load. that my point.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
VIN tonage doesn't really matter. When I registered my K2500 They would have given me class A plates if I asked for them, and it was (barely) a class C capacity. You can register it for whatever capacity you want to be able to legally haul.

you would get a ticket if you had the class A plates on a over glorified 1/2 ton, my brother got nailed for his tundra having the A plates from the tacoma he traded in to the dealer and the dmv let him transfer plates, a trooper nailed him for having too small a plate

gunz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got busted with my 1/2 ton that I put on a 1 ton frame and running gear. Towing a load of round bales, truck was only legal to carry a half ton load sice it was titled off the VIN on the cab.

sharky1

Reaction score
I don't have to worry bout the vin or plate problem. I just need a little bit more sack when I let the clutch out. With out featherin the hell out of it lol