1-2 inch lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRT41320

Reaction score
So I wanna lift my Tahoe an inch or two. I know that I can get different keys for the front. What would be the best way to lift the back?. I see that there are lift blocks, add a leafs and different shackles. My rear springs are a little saggy so, I thought maybe a add a leaf would be the way to go but I'm not sure.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
no need to keys stock ones will get you the 2 inches you want and a add a leaf will give you about 2 inches if you want to tow more the add a leaf is the way to go but it will ride a little stiffer

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
one inch stiffer? hardly

two inches will make it somewhat stiffer but still acceptable

anything beyond that and you are asking for a ride like a bucket of rocks and destroyed front end parts

Aftermarket keys are a waste and don't change downtravel so they're no better at all than stock keys. Sort of an urban legend. Just crank them up an inch and you'll be just fine- trust me, I'm VERY finicky about ruining stuff and I'm going to crank mine about an inch.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
As said crank the stock keys, aftermarket is a waste of money as you still have to crank them to get the lift

SRT41320

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the advice guys. Oh and I showed my wife a clue of pics of your truck 96k1500 and she loves the way it looks. I think I'm gonna go with some 285/75/16 tires and some blocks in the back. Thanks again everyone.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I ran 285/75/r16s for a long time and it looks clean with minimal crank! I actually loved that set up. Here are some pics. With blocks it will look mean!
No crank
You must be registered for see images attach

Cranked level

About an inch over level

chiefmorton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cranked the front end up approx. 1 1/2" still have threads left on the T bar bolts and added a 2" add a leaf which actually gained me 1 3/4' in the rear. The whole job only took a couple of hrs and between the larger 285-70-17 tires AAL and crank I gained the height I wanted, all for around 80.00.