“Evil Rotten Dirty *****” 94’ k1500 Wiring Nightmare...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’ve changed the wiring on it from the convenience center back to the light . I think I jus have it wired to the wrong connector... IDK... but in the process now my truck won’t start...SMH...something to do with the purple wires on the steering column and a thin one up to the top/side of the column...
Yea, you may have something cross wired. Why wont your truck start, just a drained bat?

bhopthewelder

Reaction score
I’ve changed the wiring on it from the convenience center back to the light . I think I jus have it wired to the wrong connector... IDK... but in the process now my truck won’t start...SMH...something to do with the purple wires on the steering column and a thin one up to the top/side of the column...
I would make sure the boy you are with is not sabotaging your work with your truck. It's highly possible particularly if he has narcissistic behavior and traits. Just saying look for the simplest answer first.

KeKe2369

Reaction score
OK, sounds like on the wipers you replaced the harness, but did you check what I mentioned about the circuit board inside the wiper motor? Super common for bad solder joints where the socket attaches to the board. Just re-flowing the solder there is all it takes (if that's the issue.) The very outermost pin happens to be the ground, by the way.

Richard
No , I didn’t ... I had jus replaced the motor shortly before the tranny went out... it to had stopped working from a attempted Android stereo install gone bad from a friend. Everything had stopped really No door locks wipers and my alarm system stopped . Hence why I’ve re-wired everything... another friend had put a jumper wire on the wiper motor and they worked Then I bought a new harness and it still doesn’t work . I will check what you said soon as I figure out why it won’t start now... again thank you for your help

KeKe2369

Reaction score
Yea, you may have something cross wired. Why wont your truck start, just a drained bat?
Nope not dead at all... it cranks over and keeps right on cranking . I dumped some gas in the carburetor and it fired right up There is a 6in purple wire hanging down from the left side of the column from the top then under the column in the brake switch harness there’s a purple one that’s cut then in the turn signal switch another purple wire is cut, then in that same harness a purple wire is intact ... I’m so confused

Xxl2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ll be your bf and i am pretty good with these trucks

KeKe2369

Reaction score
I would make sure the boy you are with is not sabotaging your work with your truck. It's highly possible particularly if he has narcissistic behavior and traits. Just saying look for the simplest answer first.
I’ve already been on the lookout for that, been told that and I’m sure I have confirmed it... added a security camera to the barn/garage and low and behold that cord gets unplugged while he’s out there and plugged back in when finished...
You must be registered for see images attach
♀️

KeKe2369

Reaction score
Does everything with the Tranny neutral safety switch work properly? Did your issues begin right after the tranny install? Again, the process of ruling out possibilities..
Well I had some issues with that build the first time around with it , but now it’s in and I have reverse again , seemed to be running strong and is the neutral safety switch the one on the left with the clip I don’t kno how to get undone

KeKe2369

Reaction score
3rd brake/cargo light failure almost always crapped out sockets in the base; internal circuit paths all corroded to hell. New one is pricey. Or, can simply be damaged wiring under/near the driver door sill cover.

Richard
The light is fine. I originally changed out all four bulbs and the brake light worked but when you turned on the cargo it blew a fuse... well before I was the one fixing this I had showed the bf and he kept pushing it on and off and blowing fuses he then left it on and it didn’t blow a fuse that time but it melted the wires . So I’ve ran new wires back to the cargo light dome light door jamb switch (that’s new as well) and then jus put those little spade clips on the wires and plugged them in still no dome light or cargo light. I have noticed about 4 wires so far are pretty brittle and have some black fuzzy **** in them and when you cut them it sounds different

KeKe2369

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. My mom got COVID and passed in July last year. She was 96, and lived a good long life. In 2015 we lost our oldest son, he was 34 so I know the pain all to well.
Omygosh... that’s the most horrible thing I’ve heard . I’m so sorry. My dad had a heart attack while we working together on my winter car together . I hadn’t been there 20 min when he collapsed in my arms... and I’ll never forget the machine the ER used to pump his chest... they worked him for an hour and a half before they called his death... that man would of loved working on this big ol’ Chevy with me ...