“Evil Rotten Dirty *****” 94’ k1500 Wiring Nightmare...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And sorry for addressing you directly... I’m learning this forum thing... normally I’d go to my dad... however ... he’s kinda in heaven .... a year ago in March
No worries, sorry to hear about your loss. Literally just got back from a family funeral myself. Always painful to lose loved ones.

Follow the advice you've been getting and report back. You'll get it sorted. Lots of knowledgeable folks willing to help.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And sorry for addressing you directly... I’m learning this forum thing... normally I’d go to my dad... however ... he’s kinda in heaven .... a year ago in March
Sorry for your loss. My mom got COVID and passed in July last year. She was 96, and lived a good long life. In 2015 we lost our oldest son, he was 34 so I know the pain all to well.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Hi , I did the YELLOW FONT , so my post would not be passed by ... and I bought a new harness for the wipers and wired it in . It’s not a bad connection bc I have literally RE-WIRED my whole truck and I CAN definitely CRIMP... I ALSO CAN solder... got a pretty bad burn the first time I tried from a clump falling on my hand... so I learned to wear gloves...as far as the ground issue it’s not that ... I re-wired all of it and have everything but left turn signal and now my license plate light... but I’m pretty sure after re-wiring it all it’s all going to work ... on to that light green wire that’s fried and attempt to follow schematic for license plate ... thank you for your input it’s definitely appreciated... and I don’t jus LIKE TRUCKS... I also have a 01’ Mustang GT that I’ve owned since it was 3 years old with 15,000 miles and it’s sitting at 90,000 now... my dad built that for me... and I NEVER turn down a race... I also ride bikes... I am without a doubt a BadAss
OK, sounds like on the wipers you replaced the harness, but did you check what I mentioned about the circuit board inside the wiper motor? Super common for bad solder joints where the socket attaches to the board. Just re-flowing the solder there is all it takes (if that's the issue.) The very outermost pin happens to be the ground, by the way.

Richard

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
^ x2 for the re-solder on the wiper board. I've had a few gmt400s that needed this. Super easy and you really cant hurt anything by trying it.

No idea about your 3rd brake and cargo light besides what these guys already recommended.

You have a nice looking truck but on here you might get some flack about having racing slicks on all 4 corners, lol.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
3rd brake/cargo light failure almost always crapped out sockets in the base; internal circuit paths all corroded to hell. New one is pricey. Or, can simply be damaged wiring under/near the driver door sill cover.

Richard

Rob7233

Reaction score
Does everything with the Tranny neutral safety switch work properly? Did your issues begin right after the tranny install? Again, the process of ruling out possibilities..

KeKe2369

Reaction score
AK49BWL is correct on the color code for tail lights ect. All and any splices should be soldered and heat shrunk. This will last the life of your truck. I havent had an issue with my cab brake light, except for it leaking water into the cab, years ago. I replaced it maybe 10 years ago with an anso LED I think. Its been good since. I did have issues with the cargo side of it, but it was a bad solder joint. Once I fixed that, its been good. If you pull yours off, be careful, the gasket will tare most likely. Pulling it, will give you access to the wires, and you can test it with a test light or multi meter. Your truck is looking very sweet.
I’ve changed the wiring on it from the convenience center back to the light . I think I jus have it wired to the wrong connector... IDK... but in the process now my truck won’t start...SMH...something to do with the purple wires on the steering column and a thin one up to the top/side of the column...