“Evil Rotten Dirty *****” 94’ k1500 Wiring Nightmare...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Omygosh... that’s the most horrible thing I’ve heard . I’m so sorry. My dad had a heart attack while we working together on my winter car together . I hadn’t been there 20 min when he collapsed in my arms... and I’ll never forget the machine the ER used to pump his chest... they worked him for an hour and a half before they called his death... that man would of loved working on this big ol’ Chevy with me ...
Thanks. The way we lost our son, was real bad, but I dont really want to put it in this thread. If your interested in the details, I will tell you about it in a PM. @ 62 years old, I have had my share of hard ships. Had threat cancer in 2012. Been cancer free since Jan 2013. When you live long enough, life tends to take its tole. Loosing you dad like that was hard, Im sure. Those kind of things cut very deep, and even though time does help, it leaves a scar that will never heal. When I had cancer, I was feeling down one day. So I sitting there looking at stuff on the net, and found a lot of people who have had it a lot worse than me. Yes, I have a big scar on my neck, but I still can work. I can still do anything any other 62 year old can do. With everything I have been through, loosing my son was by far the worst.

Last edited:

KeKe2369

Reaction score
Wow, again I am so sorry... I’ve also had a brush with cancer . I have 98 incisions from skin cancer . From TANNING , jus to be pretty... well I’m paying for it now...I also had a malignant mass in my right breast but had surgery to remove it and chose not to do chemo... UNFORTUNATELY tho, next Tuesday I have to have another biopsy in the same area due to an abnormal Mammogram this past Monday . So getting my truck done was super important to me...
............UPDATE..........
I undid ALL the connections under the steering wheel and laid them all out and then matched up the curves to each color.... it was SUCCESSFUL !!!! she Started right up ....Thank God... now I can move on to that reverse wire...

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, again I am so sorry... I’ve also had a brush with cancer . I have 98 incisions from skin cancer . From TANNING , jus to be pretty... well I’m paying for it now...I also had a malignant mass in my right breast but had surgery to remove it and chose not to do chemo... UNFORTUNATELY tho, next Tuesday I have to have another biopsy in the same area due to an abnormal Mammogram this past Monday . So getting my truck done was super important to me...
............UPDATE..........
I undid ALL the connections under the steering wheel and laid them all out and then matched up the curves to each color.... it was SUCCESSFUL !!!! she Started right up ....Thank God... now I can move on to that reverse wire...
My wife is a breast and ovarian cancer survivor. She had a bilateral mastectomy 8 years ago, followed by a complete hysterectomy 6 months later. Cancer free since then. I will keep a good thought for you.

Glad you got the truck fired up!

KeKe2369

Reaction score
Well Cheers to Cancer Free... my sons partner was jus diagnosed 3 weeks ago with stage 4 colon cancer... within 4 days he underwent surgery, the mass was bigger than a grapefruit and removed 2 ft of his colon . Last week he started chemotherapy and later that evening had a allergic reaction and was rushed to the ER bc he couldn’t breathe... it’s scary **** for sure . Best Wishes to you and your bride...

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. The way we lost our son, was real bad, but I dont really want to put it in this thread. If your interested in the details, I will tell you about it in a PM. @ 62 years old, I have had my share of hard ships. Had threat cancer in 2012. Been cancer free since Jan 2013. When you live long enough, life tends to take its tole. Loosing you dad like that was hard, Im sure. Those kind of things cut very deep, and even though time does help, it leaves a scar that will never heal. When I had cancer, I was feeling down one day. So I sitting there looking at stuff on the net, and found a lot of people who have had it a lot worse than me. Yes, I have a big scar on my neck, but I still can work. I can still do anything any other 62 year old can do. With everything I have been through, loosing my son was by far the worst.
My condolences Kenny.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear this! You can pm me what happened. People do care!