Windshield wiper wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Hello, guys I am trying to wire my universal wiper switch to one of our wiper motors..

Would this be the wiring coloring?

purple= high speed
gray?
orange-low speed
black=ground
white= 12 volts for parking switch?

Also how would I wire the washer pump? I was just going to use a push button, like a horn button..

You must be registered for see images attach

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Thanks Brandon, I forget where the actual connector came from. It could be from a 95-98 application but I assume the colors will be the same.

Where is the washer pump motor located on these trucks? I am likely just going to have a independent button and power source to operate it..

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
The pump motor should be attached to the washer fluid reservoir. That orange wire powers it and the other wire in the pump connector is ground.

The later model trucks actually do use different wire colors, but the functional pin-out is the same between all of them. For instance instead of white for power, it's yellow, and instead of gray for the low/etc sig, it's brown. But the function is all the same.

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Thanks again Brandon! It works! The universal wiper motor switch has some "quirks" but I can figure it out..
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OBSpapasmurf

Reaction score
The pump motor should be attached to the washer fluid reservoir. That orange wire powers it and the other wire in the pump connector is ground.

The later model trucks actually do use different wire colors, but the functional pin-out is the same between all of them. For instance instead of white for power, it's yellow, and instead of gray for the low/etc sig, it's brown. But the function is all the same.
I have a question and you seem very knowledgeable. I have a 1990 c3500 we are doing a LS swap while cleaning up the harness at some point 2 wires from the wiper motor got cut. One is black i have looked that seems to be ground no problem there but the grey wire you say low/pulse where should that be connected to? Any help would be great

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I have a question and you seem very knowledgeable. I have a 1990 c3500 we are doing a LS swap while cleaning up the harness at some point 2 wires from the wiper motor got cut. One is black i have looked that seems to be ground no problem there but the grey wire you say low/pulse where should that be connected to? Any help would be great
Factory, that wire went through the firewall, the siliconed block of wire at the passthrough connector under the cruise control module. From there it goes directly to the wiper switch in the column.

Chevyboy270

Reaction score
Thanks again Brandon! It works! The universal wiper motor switch has some "quirks" but I can figure it out..
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
i know its been a long time but how did you get this wired up im facing an issue where somebody messed up the wiring in my project truck and the last thing i need is a wiper switch

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
i know its been a long time but how did you get this wired up im facing an issue where somebody messed up the wiring in my project truck and the last thing i need is a wiper switch
I assume someone cut the plug wires and you need the diagram? Also my wiper motor is a 2 speed non-pulse unit, so the wiring is even more simple...

Chevyboy270

Reaction score
yeah just a simple diagram or some photos of the wiring can you use a pulse motor or do i have to source a non pulse unit