Wheel spacers question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DSmith

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a 96 gmc sierra 4wd. stock wheels eventually gonna put 285 tires on. would like to run wheel spacers. to me its looks like the back wheels sit in further then the front. am i wrong thinking that i should run 2 inch spacers on the rear and 1 or 1.5 on the front? did a search and found alot of useful info but no real answer to this. Thanks

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have lift spindles in the front and run a 1.5" spacer in the rear with no problems. I can't see you running spacers in the front but hey it's your truck

DSmith

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats kinda what i thought but when i did a search everyone kept saying you need them in the front too. my fronts are almost flush with the fender, the rears are in quite a bit. might just order 2 inch on rear and see how it looks and go from there.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Yeah the front track width definitely is a bit longer than the rear...if you want to run spacers I'd go with 1/2 to 1" wider in the rear. And make sure to go with billet spacers, you don't want to cheap out on something that could kill you if it fails

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or just by wheels with the offset you want... As long as you make sure the hub and wheel mounting surfaces are clean just torque everything and you're fine.

DSmith

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or just by wheels with the offset you want... As long as you make sure the hub and wheel mounting surfaces are clean just torque everything and you're fine.

spacers alot cheaper then wheels

hawkeyez71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
any pics?

3in body lift with 265/70/17
You must be registered for see images attach

heres my buddies truck they were on first sitting on 285/75/16 saw blades