Tyler's DD/plaything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
most header flanges eventually warp (mine have) cutting between the primaries lets them be more free instead of all of them being constrained if warped( hence makes installation if every needed to come off a ton easier)

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Well I haven't cut the flanges. I'm gonna run it as is. I'm so excited everything started going back together tonight! Heads and intake installed and torqued and I got one header on and hooked up. Valve lash, upper intake, EGR intake plug, block off plate, valve covers, are next. Not sure when. I'm dog sitting this week so I don't have a bunch of free time. Plus the house I'm staying at just had this happen
You must be registered for see images
but that's another thread. On to the build pics!!!

these suckers are sweet. Been patiently awaiting their arrival and I was finally able to pick them up today along with the heads and intake. It all looks so nice. Glad it's finally coming together.

got both heads on and torqued. Starting to look like a motor again!

finally! Got one on and tight. Hooked up the pipe and called it a day after the intake went on. My shoulder couldn't take much more and my buddy's back was done for the night as well.

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Hope to have it running today!!!! Got the intake and throttle body and most of the other stuff up top back on. New plugs are in (bit of a chore with the headers.) both exhaust sides hooked up. Valves are adjusted properly I hope. It was my first time doing rockers. Yesterday.

Timing is the only thing any of the three of us can see having an issue with. Engine has been rotated more times than we can count. Pretty much a guessing game I think. Front belt drive parts need to go on and lines hooked up. Hoping she runs.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Got it running. Had to reset all my valves because they were way too tight the first time because I adjusted them a few times thinking they couldn't be loose at all. After I loosened them and finding top dead center on 1 I adjusted them, got the distributor with some help of pics and a call from skylark. Fired right up. The exhaust leaks from the donut flanges because the clamps are all rotted. It idles and runs but real rough due to the leaks. It is on a trailer and headed to an exhaust shop in the morning to get new clamps installed. Hopefully she smooths out enough to be driven on its own. Then it's going to get the timing fine tuned.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I threw in the towel today. I'm done trying. Only four cylinders are firing.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Why are you done? You got spark on all 8? Compression test?

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Shop tested compression. Got it on all the cylinders they can check without removing the headers.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Four black plugs and four wet ones.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
All plug wires hooked up properly.

Latest posts