Tremec TKO 600

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Anyone done the swap? What’s all involved?
American powertrain has kits you can buy/ copy. Biggest thing you'll need is a shifter relocation bracket. If you don't relocate the shifter it'll be way too far back.

Sent from my Samsung S20 using Tapatalk

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, the shifter will be too far back if you are looking for the factory truck shifter position. The shifter comes out right in front of the bench seat or roughly in line with the front of the center console if you use the stock rear shifter position, which is actually a great place for it from a driving position, just a terrible place for it if you don't want to modify your interior to make it work.

I have all the parts in the garage to do my Tahoe Limited, just have to find time to do the work. 0411 swap (not necessary but makes reprogramming easier and prepping for future engine plans anyway), then regear the axle (4.56 in my case), then actually swing the transmission.

Reaction score
Gear head,
Did you finish the swap? I’m also installing a TKO-600, no center console. Did you use the rear position (25”) or ? Also did you offset the LS mounts any either forward or backward?