trans ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justme168

Reaction score
what do u have to do to put a 2wd transmission in a 4 wheel drive ? what all is differant

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the end shaft, and then you would not use the shaft shaft housing for a 4x4 application.

Bad thing is, the whole trans has to come apart to change that rear shaft, everything down to a bare case.

oneluckypops

Reaction score
the end shaft, and then you would not use the shaft shaft housing for a 4x4 application.

Bad thing is, the whole trans has to come apart to change that rear shaft, everything down to a bare case.

Output shafts, and tail housing are the only differences in the 2wd and 4wd transmission. But you do not have to completely dismantle the trans to change the shaft. Heres a good video of how to dismantle the 4L60E for changing the shafts you only need to go as far as 4:43 in the video. You dont have to remove the valve body though just the pan, filter, and the TCC solenoid because they are incerted into the Pump.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfpyzn4BxpU&feature=player_detailpage

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
from what all that video did I'd consider that completely taking it apart since the pump and all those inner guts had to come out. The bottom side is nothing but that's alot of stuff taking the guts out of the case.