To many options.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok. I'm looking into getting a set of 16.5x12. With a set of 33x12.50. Ill be getting a 3 in body lift to clear them. I also already have it cranked and 2" blocks. So my questions are. I don't go mudding, it will see mud about 3 times a year. I am thinking about a 4.11 gear and a Posi. I did want the pocket locker but like I said no need for that when I don't go off road. If I am on the right track please let me know. And I am also curious, do the brands really matter? All gears will hold up to road driving correct?

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
a 33" x 12.5" on a 16.5x12 rim is going to be wack. I'd personally say to not go wider than a 10" rim for a 33x12.5..
You will clear them with a 3" body lift, especially as your already cranked and blocked.

4:10/4:11 would be a good choice for that size tire. Could get away with 3:73s for sure but the 4:10s will be nice in town and off road.
3:73s you'll like on the highway I'd imagine.

I've heard to stay away from Motive gear seats.. someone else can chime in with the well known brands.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree and that a 12" wide rim is to much for just a 12" wide tire. I am also wondering why you are thinking of a 16.5" rim, that would be a major limiting factor when looking for tires compared to a 16 or 17" rim.
As for gears 4.10's will be good with the 33's but like 94Sierra4x4 said the 3.73 will do ok and be a little better on the highway.
I have been running motive 4.56 gears in my rear axle for 4 years now without an issue, for the front I cheaped out and went with a USA Gear set.