Swapping out dash cluster from a Canadian truck to US: 1992 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chipjumper

Reaction score
Does anyone here know if this is doable without messing with speedo cables and/or sensors? Can I just slap in a used cluster and be done with it? I'm about to pickup a '92 K2500 winter beater and it was imported into the USA from Canada. The owner never dealt with swapping it out as he spends a lot of time in Canada with it anyways. On another note, I noticed that it was off by about 6-8 MPH anyways (compared to my GPS speed display on my phone). So maybe I do have to change sensors out anyways lol.

Thank you.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
You have to mod the drac system... To swap it out, yes it will be a straight swap. AS LONG AS you use the same interchangable years. 91-92. 93-94. I think are the only interchangeable yeaars. I can get you the mod website link, but I won't be able to till tomorrow.

chipjumper

Reaction score
Sounds good, thank you. I noticed on eBay that most of the sellers indicate that their items will work with a huge range of years. Interesting. I did find a link from this website about modifying the DRAC. According to it, 1992 and above use a VSSC - does this sound right?

chipjumper

Reaction score
INteresting. I guess I can start off buy purchasing a '92 compatible MPH cluster and go from there. Thanks guys!

rightisray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You shouldn't have to change a thing as the only thing different is the numbers on the gauges. The k/m become MPH or vice versa. The needle is still going to increase at the same rate. Any needle cluster from 91-94 will work.