swapping OEM Equalizer radio set up into truck which had tape deck only and no Equalizer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLABill

Reaction score
Hi

I am new to the forum here.

I Have a '92 Chevy 1500. It had the OEM radio with the tape player and pocket and I swapped out that with a tape deck with an Equalizer. Also swapped out the Control Head, with one that goes with the Equalizer. tape deck. Also swapped out the CDM which is designed for it all. The parts all came out of one truck.

Turned on....most everything works, but there is no Equalizer function. There are just little blue/green lit dashes; no five adjustment functions; no ability to control that. The Equalizer has the rocker buttons but pushing them does nothing What am I missing?

On the bench, when the three parts are connected, everything including the five function rocker button Equalizer worked fine. Do not understand why it does not work in the Chevy truck.

I did notice when removing the original Control Head that there is a white wire integral to the plug from it, which plugs into the CDM. This white wire comes out of that plug which plugs into the CDM and is like a separate wire and it plugs into a single dark green wire under the dash. I do not know what it does. It is now not being used, as there is no such provision on the Equalizer Control Head plug for it.

Any ideas??

Bill