Slight misfire question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Koast

Reaction score
At idle only I get a slight misfire only when it warms up. I have a 98 suburban 2500 with 7.4. I've changed fuel filter, plugs,wires and distributor and replaced with non ethanol fuel. Is there any one here that had had this issue? Everything else is fine, no engine lights, no hesitation on acceleration just a slight misfire while idling.

deve05

Reaction score
At idle only I get a slight misfire only when it warms up. I have a 98 suburban 2500 with 7.4. I've changed fuel filter, plugs,wires and distributor and replaced with non ethanol fuel. Is there any one here that had had this issue? Everything else is fine, no engine lights, no hesitation on acceleration just a slight misfire while idling.
Had this same issue when I bought my truck at it ended up being that the previous owner had disconnected the MAP sensor and plugged the vacuum line going to it. Yours may not be plugged and disconnected, but maybe it has gone bad. I would give that a try since they are so cheap, but I'm sure many other of the great guys on here will have better info for you. Good luck!

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk