Shuddering till warm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Ok so it started after I did a tune up. I had a misfire on #4 cylinder so I did a tune up. Replaced only the plugs and wires. I forgot about the coil wire and havent put that on yet. (it was set aside so it didnt get lost and just forgot about) So I didnt know that platinum plugs were needed. I didnt use platinum.

So getting to the problem. Just happened this morning for the first time like this. (happened right after tune up on the freeway merging from off ramp at about 50mph or so)

I normally remote start my truck and let it warm up for about 10 mins before I leave when its cold out. I let it run for maybe 5 mins this morning and got in it and I felt a shudder backing out of the drive and then 1st - 2nd and maybe 3rd as well. All was fine one the truck got up to operating temp.

I have read all the issues people are having with shuddering with 4l60e's. None say anything about lower gears let alone reverse nor about operating temp.

What the hell is wrong here? Im lost. If I have to then I will get new plugs and put the new coil wire on and see what happens. But its just strange that it happens until operating temp then it clears up.

Truck is a 98 5.0 with 198,*** miles.

Thanx for any advice in advance.