Shakes...Shakes everywhere!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Jack up rear end enough to take load off wheels and see if you can wiggle driveshaft. Twist shaft back n forth and look at u-joints, youll see any slop if theyre bad. I've had them bad enough you could move shaft up n down. At a minimum put a grease gun to both joints.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Also check your ball joints and tire rod ends. They will both produce the "death wobble".

Sent from Robl@and!

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I found my issue! or atleast one of them. My front driver side tire has a short but large "bubble" on It. Could use new brake pads also but that's going to be where I start off at. The U-Joint's seem good along with my balljoint's and wheel bearings. Now I just have to wait until I get the money to get a new tire. Oh joy! :bawl:

sparky24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
seems like you figured it out but heres my input

hard to diagnose from a discription but i will tell you what i do when i hunt down vibrations...

1. rebalance all wheels and tell the TECH doing it to tell you if he has any problems or if the tires are warped

If it only vibrates under braking;

1. replace rotors/pads or turn the rotors. You can also check the runout on the rotors with a dial indicator
2. if that doesnt work check and or replace balljoints/tierods
3. if that doesnt work check and or replace all wheel bearings

If it vibrates all the time;

Again make sure all wheels are balanced and tires check out

1. check and or replace balljoints/tierods
2. check and or replace wheel bearings

And yes make sure all driveshafts are good before doing all this, also check the front diff, tcase, rear axle, and tranny output shafts for play

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
seems like you figured it out but heres my input

hard to diagnose from a discription but i will tell you what i do when i hunt down vibrations...

1. rebalance all wheels and tell the TECH doing it to tell you if he has any problems or if the tires are warped

If it only vibrates under braking;

1. replace rotors/pads or turn the rotors. You can also check the runout on the rotors with a dial indicator
2. if that doesnt work check and or replace balljoints/tierods
3. if that doesnt work check and or replace all wheel bearings

If it vibrates all the time;

Again make sure all wheels are balanced and tires check out

1. check and or replace balljoints/tierods
2. check and or replace wheel bearings

And yes make sure all driveshafts are good before doing all this, also check the front diff, tcase, rear axle, and tranny output shafts for play

I think i've got it figured out. If it still shakes after i get a new tire on wednesday i'll go through all this list trying things out. Thanks!

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
You will probably find the shaking pulsating while braking isn't your rotors, I have been hunting down this issue on my 94 for a long time with no success. I have bled brakes many many times replaced rear drums and rotors, replaced master cylinder and wheel cylinders with no success. I have a feeling its the RWAL abs crap that is causing it. I'll be sure to make a post if bypassing the abs makes it stop.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
if you have access to a dial and some stones, jack the rear of your truck up and check the run out at the ends and center of your driveshaft as those are critical the less runout the better.

worn or unbalanced tires would certainly do it.