SCPI to MFI performance ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i am building a 383 Vortec stroker, and plan to keep the computer and what not functional. i am looking towards 400HP and 425TQ if at all possible, with the power band being on the low end. i am aware that there are issues with the poppets, as well as the intake doesn't flow as well as a Marine intake does, which brings me to the questions.

1. does the MFI injector setup flow any more fuel than the factory poppets or is it just for reliability/factory improvement

2. are there any companies that sell an upgrade injector or modified injector to flow more

3. would the manifold spacer be of any help to the air flow issue, such as this http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tay-11011/overview/year/1996/make/chevrolet/model/k1500

any other comments would be welcome, and i do not have the want to find all the parts for a marine intake conversion unless there is a kit for it out there somewhere

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to send you off site but this is a question better suited for GM truck central or Pacific performance I think is the name. Those guys have the answers your looking for but you might not like them ($$$)

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didnt even know there was a such thing as an intake manifold spacer. Looks interesting for when I do my upgrade. I was going to do it regardless come tax time because it would give me an excuse to tear into the engine. Plus I was going to do some more mods like LS lifters and such while I'm in there.

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, with building my 383, i want it done right, but wanted to look halfway factory, and ill check those sites Paul, thanks

and i may go beehive springs, but haven't decided yet, and i thought the spacer might help some too

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
stock injectors will not feed what you are wanting to build. you can get those numbers out of a small block but its going to be at higher rpms. you will need to get the pcm tuned in person to get it running the best it can. that spacer is not going to do anything, don't waste your money.