rtv around coolant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would NEVER reuse (or even use for that matter) the GM ones, the felpro's would be okay to reuse, but if you did, I'd definitely add a little RTV.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I would NEVER reuse (or even use for that matter) the GM ones, the felpro's would be okay to reuse, but if you did, I'd definitely add a little RTV.

ive only ever reused the fancy metal/silicone Fel-Pros, Never would consider reuseing the other types.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ive only ever reused the fancy metal/silicone Fel-Pros, Never would consider reuseing the other types.

yeah, I believe the GM ones with the aluminum eyelet bolt holes are supposed to be reusable, but I wouldnt do it. the metal felpros are the only way to go.

turbopbw

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, it's very much appricated! I plan on putting a thin layer (example sheet of paper). My goal is to have the manifold installed afterwork tonight then on Saturday reinstall all the other items and fire her up.

Thanks again
Paul

Last edited:

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that should work fine, be liberal with the RTV on the valleys

chevy_man

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Remember the way to get RTV to seal is to let it cure before you squish it all over. I've seen 2 motors now seized because my buddies thought that you just squeezed it on and torqued them down, pushing RTV into the motor and clogging up coolant and oil passages.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Remember the way to get RTV to seal is to let it cure before you squish it all over. I've seen 2 motors now seized because my buddies thought that you just squeezed it on and torqued them down, pushing RTV into the motor and clogging up coolant and oil passages.

Thats pretty damn hard to do just on the intake Valley's.