RF sticks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old Goat Ninja

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right behind you with Duct tape stretched out
OK, so my right front brake is sticking. It doesn't always happen. My rotors looked like the letter C, so I changed the rotors and pads this past weekend. Drove truck to work this morning, no issues. But on way home truck started pulling to right and sticking. I pull over. Right front is smoking bad! Work is a 9.8 mile trip each way, and this occasional sticking problem is about 2 months old now. I thought the pads were sticking inside the C shaped rotors, but apparently not.

Any ideas on what else I should try? Maybe a bad caliper? I'm about ready to drive this truck off a cliff haha. Runs great but has a few occasional issues that pop up, with this one being the worst.

Thanks in advance.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Either sticking caliper or the rubber line is bad on the inside

Sent from somewhere in MN

Old Goat Ninja

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Either sticking caliper or the rubber line is bad on the inside

Sent from somewhere in MN

So I am assuming there's no good way to check the rubber line on the inside? Oh well, if I'm going to replace the caliper, might as well replace the rubber line while I am at it, just to make dang sure I get it haha. Thanks.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Considering a set of calipers are $15 each and rubber lines are about $9, no reason not to replace both sides and re bleed, it happens trucks these old, if you have the money go for SS lines, I did and love the improved pedal feel, if you are going to change pads too then go for some 2500 calipers as they are dual piston and better.

Old Goat Ninja

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't want to change pads now, just because I did a couple days ago. I changed pads and rotors. I'll go ahead and do calipers and lines next. My local O'Reillys has the Calipers for $16 so cost isn't bad at all.

Hoping this will finally get rid of this problem. It should, not much left to change out haha.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are original I bet, the truck is almost 25 yrs old, what do you expect.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
i had similar issue, turned out to be the line, went through 3 calipers before i thought about it.

Old Goat Ninja

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are original I bet, the truck is almost 25 yrs old, what do you expect.

Yup. I'll change calipers and lines this weekend. Thanks guys.

As a side note, my old neighbor just happened to drop by and saw truck for the first time. He crawled all around it checking it all out and said it's a solid truck, nothing major wrong with it. We're going to fix a few other things this weekend along with my calipers and lines. Sweet. Good timing him stopping by like that. He's a damn good mechanic and well repected around here for his work. He said all my little issues are easy fixes.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are easy and wear items, not a lot of money to fix and will be very safe, so nice to have good neighbors and a skilled one at that, sounds like a good weekend