Removing and installing 5 speed in 95

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyjack

Reaction score
Found a working transmission in a wrecked truck. How hard a swap is this to do. Swapping working transmission in place of bad trans. Clutch is good.

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I had to do this, with an old-fashioned "granny low" 4 speed, I fitted it by removing the bench seat in my truck, removed the access panel on the floor, then crouched in the cab and moved the tranny around by tugging on the shift lever. A buddy, under the truck, kept shoving the trans forward till the splines and pilot bearing lined up with the clutch disk. I recall that I had to slightly depress the clutch pedal to allow the disk to move around bit so that things lined up.

Took about 20 minutes, lots of good old fashioned swearing, and boy, the beer afterwards tasted so good.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
The NV3500 is fairly light as far as transmissions go, but getting it to clear the crossmember and the shifter hole at the same time is kind of a pain. Also the bellhousing is taller than the frame so it has to be jacked up to get it underneath. Otherwise relatively easy.