Realift Relocators & 4dr Tahoe - Unique Xmember

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've done some research and it looks like my '99 Tahoe has a unique torsion bar cross member; pickup, 2dr and suburban all have a "strap" style.

Does anyone have pics/links/experience with installing the relocators on a 4 DOOR Tahoe? I am particularly interested in the cross member and if it had to be swapped with the truck version.

1ugly88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i always wanted to do this to mine too. supposedly the t-bar cross member has to be relocated back about 6 in. on my 4dr yukon there is a cross member riveted to the frame right where the t-bar member would end up.

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From what I understand, I also need to remove the riveted cross member that sits behind my torsion bar cross member.

I have a belief, if Chevy put it there (the one I need to remove), it's there for a reason! Has anyone removed the xmember that sits behind their tbar xmember before?

1ugly88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no put i have a truck crossmember and bars in mine

this is what i did to my yukon. with the RCX lift, they want an extra 100 bucks for the plates to lower the stock crossmember. i didn't want to spend the extra cash so i took the one out of my pick-up along with the heavier rated t-bars. this is what blue bus did as well. as far as that riveted crossmember i'm in the same boat as you. gm must have put it there for a reason and i'm too worried about what might happen if i remove it.

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this is what i did to my yukon. with the RCX lift, they want an extra 100 bucks for the plates to lower the stock crossmember. i didn't want to spend the extra cash so i took the one out of my pick-up along with the heavier rated t-bars. this is what blue bus did as well. as far as that riveted crossmember i'm in the same boat as you. gm must have put it there for a reason and i'm too worried about what might happen if i remove it.

Thanks 1ugly - if only our bars were 54", then the easy solution would be 52" bars and not removing that xmember!! Looking at the riveted xmember, it's a big piece of steel, so i'm guessing it's provides enormous strength to that part of the frame...

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im pretty sure someone has done it before though. talked to a guy a while ago on a forum about truck bars and he had the realifts on it too im pretty sure i may have some pictures. lemme look around

sparg93- what other forum you talking about? im on a lot lol

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

what he told me
"These are the best I could get. Hope it helps. Yours will probably be right up against that big crossmember in front of the gas tank. I had to cut that out on mine, but again mine is moved further back than yours will be. Good luck"

"mine will be moved back a little further because the Reallift TB relocators but everything is the same. More or less just drilling 3 holes in the lower lip in each side of the frame. "

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great photos - thank you for digging around!!!

Seems like a straightforward mod....tap and through bolt.

Out of curiosity, if you're not running relocators, why the truck xmember?

The other forum was i thinking of is TYF