Painted or polished billet pieces.

Painted, polished, or brushed billet?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They will get media blasted before powdercoat.

Just Do your homework, if it gets blasted it will have to be powdered silver before candy red. ( I had a lot of stuff on my chopper that came out sick in candy red over polished ). Candy over blasted wont work well , and candy over silver is not that good lookig

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Everything I have done gets blasted, silver powdercoat, then candy red. Comes out great every time.

Candy over silver on my air tank.

You must be registered for see images attach

Candy over silver on my control arms.

Candy over silver master cylinder.

Candy over silver engine brackets and silver pulleys.

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well ok , I know you can do it over silver, done it. Looks 500 times better over polished, I will try to post up pics of my parts.

Wagg2319

Reaction score
To polish them 1st screw them to a work bench using the mounting holes then start sanding either by hand or with a DA sander with 800 grit then with a 1000 then 1500 then 2000 finsh it off with 3000 grit and buff with rubbing compound and then again with a finishing glaze it sound worse than it is but with a DA it won't be bad at all I'm looking for a full set like that my self so if you run across something like that again share the wealth, oh and that's all wet sanding

Layed90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been wondering about a black gloss on my billet rear view and steering wheel. Original billet interior stuff is getting a bit dated IMO.