o2 problem, ses lights on and 4 sensor later

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lestat0669

Reaction score
Hi everyone new to site so not sure if this is the right place to write down my situation. Anyways please advice:

hi everyone

Im going to make this as quick as possible and detail. Late out here and have to be up in a 3 hours. Few months ago my ses light turn on, check it with scan tool and code p0134 replace sensor, worked for a few weeks and light came up again same code got sensor replace work for a few days and the same thing got the sensor replace for the third time and it didnt last a day. auto part store refused to exchange the third sensor, they said it might be the harness. I read somewhere where a guy had a similar problem and they recommend to him to swap the sensors. Which I did and fortunately the other sensor worked on that bank. By the way I'm referring to the downstream sensors and if thats not the code, not to confused anyone its probably my mistake and its late for me. Well the ses light has been on for a while and my inspection is coming up in a few weeks and I need it gone. I tried everything I can imagine. I even took the liberty to buy another sensor (4th 0ne) different brand. Previous sensor where Bosches and last one a Walker. That didnt do any good either. Still ses light is on and no where to go from here. And yes I swap the sensor from bank to bank and the other sensor works fine. I have left it for days and no problem, so I assume its not a harness problem. What do you guys think????? Extremely puzzle on this one. I have a 98 tahoe LT 4x4. Any help will be very appreciate. Thanks for your time and patience........good night guys

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
possible your cats are clogged or pretty much gone. may be several other things, and don't worry i have the same problem. As soon as i get some more cash, I plan on replacing the whole exhaust system along with the sensors and possibly the harness for good measure.

lestat0669

Reaction score
But wouldnt my other working sensor fail as well when you swap it from either bank????? I have left it for days in either bank and it shows activity but when you put the new sensor no activity whatsoever. Where are you getting your harness from?

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it may be possible they are giving you the wrong sensor. because as I understand, sensor 1a failed in bank a, 2a failed in bank a, as well as 3a and 4a (just trying to label things so i can understand better), and you took sensor 1b, and it worked in bank a. does your new sensor for bank a work in bank b?

and I have yet to decide whether or not I'm actually going to replace the harness, but if it came to it, I would replace it. However, I haven't looked into where to get it from.

lestat0669

Reaction score
no the new sensor didnt work in either bank but old sensor works on both banks. First three new ones where bosches and last walker. I say is a freaking conspiracy

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well what the hell. maybe try going to the junkyard and picking up a couple O2 sensors from some junked truck...

lestat0669

Reaction score
Unfortunately, they rip those off in here. Emission law in NY. Cats & sensors are removed before been put out into the salvage yard.

asau

Reaction score
i had a similar problem and i had to use my laptop to connect to my truck to read the sensor activity, for me it was the cat. my sensors worked except when in the bank behind the bad cat.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
which brand are the factory ones i have had issues on other cars i've worked on a chyrsler to be specific and ended up getting them from the dealership and that corrected the code

asau

Reaction score
i bought bosch ones for mine and they did not work behind the cat untill i replaced the cat. have you tried the anti foulers or the trick o2 sensor?