New to me 88...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WPsharpshooter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just bought an 88 4x4 and Im looking to revitalize it... Of course it has the rusted hood and roof so Ill be addressing the paint real soon. I was curious though on a few things... I know the grille will interchange with up to a 98 (need to change out the lights to do so) I would like to know about the seats, door panels and dash though... Whats the newest seats I can put in it with out having to change anything? Whats the newest panels I can put in it ( Im guessing up to 94 and after that I need to change out the switches and handles?) And the dash.. Id like to get the newest year possible but not have to swap out a bunch of $h!t... any help is great... THX

You must be registered for see images attach

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
you'd need the grille from 94+, composite headlights, parklights, corner markers, and lower filler panel at bottom of grille. (and 9005/9006 headlight pigtails)

theirs a sticky on here how to do it.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
technically, the center two bumper brackets are different. some use these, others leave the stock pre-94 ones. It all depends on the 1/2 inch gap.. whether you can live with it or not.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!!!!

Nice project truck you have...............and it's a STEPSIDE too!!!!!

WPsharpshooter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a 89 that I swapped front ends on so I know whats involved with that... My question is on the interior, I guess I might stay with the red color... Im looking into just repainting everything.. Ive been reading on here of some stuff to use, (I forget the name of it now) I figure it would just be easier to go back to the red than repaint a different color? What are you guys' thoughts? Repaint the interior back to the red or repaint to a diff color... Ill have to do something with the seat and door panels if I change colors though... Id really prefer to stay away from having to dye anything... I need some different points of views here....

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Well, you could use 88-93 door panels that will work with your dash. 94-98, my understanding, they fit, but like you said, all your switches and stuff have to change. And the lines from the door panel to the dash arent pefect, we'd notice it but and average joe that doesnt care for vehicles that much wouldnt notice it... The seats, your can vertually use any 88-98 seat, they all bolt up, unless you go from a bench to a bucket, the worse case is having to drill out holes in your floor to bolt it up. And when it comes to your Dash, you have to change anything, its do able, i think their might be a thread on here on how to do it.. but seems like a huge job.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Here's one with red interior, customized like a **** though.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5