New Member Intro.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4D2Envy

Reaction score
Hello all! Names Mark, Recently acquired a 93 C1500 needs a lot of work as well as parts. I'm hoping this forum can be very informative with the usual kinks and issues some cars/trucks have. I've been wrenching for a while now I work for a good company they keep me busy. I'm hoping within the next few months I can fix this ole truck up. It will be my daily driver after she is repaired.

I am located in the South Eastern side of Michigan, the truck has been sitting for years, has its run and infestation of spiders and mice like a normal abandoned vehicle. Heater hose fitting snapped off on top of the intake mani, Probably needs new wheel bearings, brakes, and ball joints as well as other things. She has a bit of rust but its from michigan.

Thank you GMT400!

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Outside of work, and shopping for parts, I only get on the internet to get on this forum. I'm sure you'll find a plethora of info.

4D2Envy

Reaction score
So as i'm taking part of the intake apart to gain access to the heater hose fitting that's broke. Whats your best method of getting that bamn dastard out. I have a thought of filing down a groove and maybe being able to pry it out. What's your best ideas?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Welcome Aboard!!!

I assume your talking about the threaded part that is still in the manifold. I take a hack saw blade and put 3 slices into it, then use a pick to pull the pieces out. Install a pipe connector, a new hose, coolant and your good to go.

4D2Envy

Reaction score
I did a bit of poking around online while enjoying this wonderful weekend. Yes the part still in the manifold, I saw the write ups for using a hacksaw blade but I am half tempted to add some heat and attempt a pipe extractor first. I just haven't seen anyone try this. Thinking about getting rid of the funky quick disconnect all together as well.