New Crossmembers After SAS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To all you SAS guys! What kind of crossmembers you guys make for your trucks after cutting out the old ifs one? I did the conversion 2 years ago and just pulled the motor to replace with a 383 so I decided to cut out the old and make it look nice. I have one in the front going from the two front spring perches but I kinda want to add one to where the old one used to be. Pictures are always nice! Thanks

95Suburban

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I have is the same, the xmember in the front. And it's holding up a Cummins. I've got a little over 10k on it without any issues.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

vic_v8

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I have is the same, the xmember in the front. And it's holding up a Cummins. I've got a little over 10k on it without any issues.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Nice, I go to Sandwich a few times a year, you have a build thread? I was doing a 12V in my old chevy, but have decided to go DT360 instead.

95Suburban

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, no build thread. I should. not to many go that route. Ive seen a dt466 in a square body. Talk about tight. ...

vic_v8

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, no build thread. I should. not to many go that route. Ive seen a dt466 in a square body. Talk about tight. ...

I was originally going to a Detroit 6V53T when the prices of 6BTs went up.

To the OP, sorry to get off track, do you have a pic of your front crossmember? I have the Sky Kit and the front crossmember is huge.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Just weld a piece of tube in the middle of your front hangers.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just weld a piece of tube in the middle of your front hangers.

I welded a 2"x2" steel stock in between the hangers but didn't know if that was enough.

Is there one that could go in between the motor mounts?

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
You could make a bolt in motor mount crossmember, but I don't think you NEED it.