NEW! Big 3 Wiring Upgrade Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldhawg

Reaction score
Does anyone have pics installed? I'm putting mine on now and can't find any install instructions w/kit. I know its pretty obvious, but if someone has pics I'd appreciate it.

Thx!

blortz

Reaction score
I am curious as to what is the point of the inline fuse if that wire goes from the battery to the alternator... the factory doesn't have any inline fuses so why put one now????
just curious.

and does anyone know how I can get a hold of baron to buy a kit cause his mailbox is full.
thanks

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The factory wire has a fuseable link in it. It's for short circuit protection in case the wire gets damaged. You don't want that wire flopping around while the alternator is putting out 100+ amps. Fuseable links aren't made in the bigger gauge wires so you have to use a large fuse.

Baron has been having some family issues lately so he's been hard to get ahold of. Hopefully he will be around more when everything settles down for him.

blortz

Reaction score
The factory wire has a fuseable link in it. It's for short circuit protection in case the wire gets damaged. You don't want that wire flopping around while the alternator is putting out 100+ amps. Fuseable links aren't made in the bigger gauge wires so you have to use a large fuse.

Baron has been having some family issues lately so he's been hard to get ahold of. Hopefully he will be around more when everything settles down for him.

so where is the best place to mount said fuse once the wire is installed in the vehicle if I don't want the wire to flop around???

and oh okay I will wait till I hear back from him then

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hiya Mr. Baron

I would like to give buying a big 3 kit from you again another shot. Iirc there was the kit, plus a back strap or something like that correct?

If you have a complete 2AWG kit ready to go, let me know and we can try this again.

Cheers,
Ryan

P.S. your inbox is full.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.