Need Help With Accessory Lighting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gabe_97

Reaction score
As of right now i have only 2 10" light bars that came with its own harness but i have more lights id like to put on my truck. the plan is to wire them all up to a switch panel that id put in the dash. while looking at options ive seen some come with their own little fuze box. would i need to get that? also need recommendations for where to buy good quality wire. any help is appreciated as i have no knowledge in electrical. (PFA)
You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anything that has power, needs to be fused. You don't want an electrical fire. If you use LEDs they done pull as much power as regular lights. Regular lights, especially big lights, pull a lot of power, so the best bet, is to use relays rite off of the battery. This will also need fuses. Wire will all depend on how much power is being pulled. The more power, the bigger the wire you will need. There are a ton of videos on YouTube on wiring up automotive relays. Look at them. Relays a about the best way to wire up almost any lights, except small LEDs

gabe_97

Reaction score
Anything that has power, needs to be fused. You don't want an electrical fire. If you use LEDs they done pull as much power as regular lights. Regular lights, especially big lights, pull a lot of power, so the best bet, is to use relays rite off of the battery. This will also need fuses. Wire will all depend on how much power is being pulled. The more power, the bigger the wire you will need. There are a ton of videos on YouTube on wiring up automotive relays. Look at them. Relays a about the best way to wire up almost any lights, except small LEDs
ill have to watch a few then, thanks for the info!